Happy New Year beautiful people! I hope you all got into 2013 safe and sound and had an amazing New Years Eve!
I am so happy to be back on the blog, and I hope you will see me much more on here in 2013 because let’s be honest, I’ve been kind of a stranger in 2012. Mia who? I’ve set some goals for this year about blogging, but more on that later!
As you can see I have made quite a few changes here on the blog, and it will continue over the next months along with so many other things! So many exciting and new things are happening and I can’t wait to share everything with you guys!
First, here are some photos taken on New Years Eve in 2011. I didn’t get to take any firework photos in 2012 so these will have to do! I love fireworks! All the pretty colors up in the sky exploding in a big bang before turning pretty! (PS. did I ever mention that I am an over user of exclamation points? Because I am. At least now you know.)
I have decided that this year I will not make resolutions. I make resolutions every year, and I fail miserably at making them come true and happen in the new year. So this year, year 2-0-1-3, I am not making resolutions. Instead I am making goals. Yeah maybe it is just calling it another word, but I hope that will help me reach my goals and make things happen this year! I just know that twothousandthirteen is going to be my year. I feel more refreshed this year, more inspired to do things, to make them happen, to reach for the stars. Plus this year I am making some of the goals very simple (just so I know I won’t fail all of them, haha).
Here are my GOALS for 2013 (not in any particular order):
1. Blog more (So you didn’t see that one coming did you? I can’t really say a number of times per week because I don’t know how much time I’ll have on my hands, but just more than in 2012 and that shouldn’t be too hard should it?)
2. Go to the gym (Yikes! Let’s see how that goes, I’m going for the first time this Thursday! Wish me luck!)
3. Stop procrastinating (or at least not do it so much this year and just get things done instead. This is going to be a hard one for sure!)
4. Finish the 12 Month Project (more on that later!)
5. Take more photos of people (simple right? No. I don’t know what scares me so much about this goal, but I am scared. SO MUCH. I need to get out of my comfort zone and take a step in a new direction and try new things. Of course this goal also includes taking more photos in general and become a better photographer over time.)
6. Read more books (do I dare say the number 12? That would be one each month of 2013. I need to start small and then at the end of the year I might have surprised myself positively! PS. books for school doesn’t count!)
7. Focus more on school and exams (and do my best to succeed! This is on my list every year as with some of the other goals, but I really feel like it is important to have this goal every year since it is after all about my future.)
8. Get a new lens (this has been on my bucket list for so long and this year it is going to happen! I am still a little undecided as to which lens I will purchase so if anyone has any amazing suggestions I’d love to hear them. PS. I shoot Canon.)
9. Floss every night before bed (haha, I can’t stop laughing at this one. As simple as this sounds – it isn’t! There have been many nights where I just want to brush my teeth and be done and go to bed, but my dentist has recommended that I floss at least one time a day so I have decided to make that happen and take care of my teeth. So far so good!)
10. Stop comparing myself to others and stop caring so much about what people think of me (Phew, this was a long one! Whether it be my photos or me as a person I need to stop comparing myself to others and caring so much about what other people think. This is crucial for me. Comparing myself to others doesn’t make me happy, it makes me sad and frustrated and depressed, so it needs to stop. Period.)
11. Find joy and delight in the small things (and in everything really. Start documenting life more and find beauty in everything.)
So these are my goals for the new year! Then at the end of 2013 I will go back and see how many of these goals I have reached and hopefully it will be most of them if not all of them! We’ll see at the end of December! I just know that this year has some amazing things in store for me and I can’t wait to explore them!
May 2013 be YOUR year, and may you make all YOUR dreams and goals come true this year!